In attendance: Alicia, Erica, Heidi, Brian, Randy, Mike, Todd, Thad, Kate, Josh, Stefano, Greg, Steven, Stefaan, Andrew and Mike L.
1. Erica Goad presented on how to vote on-line for the nine nominees for the five positions on the EPCC board. Voting ended on Sunday 11.22.15. Members who were voted in to be board members are: Thad Eggen, Erica Goad, Mike Lewelling ,Todd Plumber and Alicia Rochambeau.
2. Alicia Rochambeau requested that anyone who is not receiving EPCC emails send her their email address. Please send her an email at email@example.com or sign up at http://www.bikeestes.org/newsletter-archive/
3. Erica Goad updated us on the Tom Carosello, the new executive director of the Estes Valley Recreation District, enthusiasm to develop trails. There will be another group of public meetings in January and February to gather input for the next ten years of the trails master plan. We will keep you posted on dates and times for these meetings.
4. Todd Plummer and Randy Biddle updated the group on the current status of the proposed bike park. The Rec district did not win the first grant that it applied for and the grant writing committee is waiting on direction from Tom Carosello to apply for other grants. Tom has received the maps and plans for a potential bike park. Good news is that there is $5,000 from a silent donor to pay a professional bike park designer to draft plans. Families for Estes is still willing to donate $10,000 for design and creation. A professional designed bike park plan seems to be an essential piece for the grant application process. A caveat to the bike park is that the Rec District would like EPCC to maintain the bike park (we got that 😉 )
5. Steven Wens, aka Mr. Speed, presented on Cross of the North. Steven has presented the idea of Estes Park hosting the Cross of the North. Karen Lynch, the fairgrounds contact person, has been contacted and after the holidays the planning committee of Cross of the North and she will meet and discuss this exciting opportunity. We all know Steven is excited to get dirty at home, on his bike.
6. T-shirts were discussed. EPCC members want more! And in different colors. Kay and Zenda have been contacted and we should know more by next meeting.
7. By next EPCC meeting, tentatively the 20th of January, the new board will have met and discussed membership dues, membership discounts, EIN and other official business stuff, and hopefully Chris Johnson from Bike Ft. Collins will be able to join us and discuss their bike club.