The Bicycle Friendly Driver program is a 1 1/2 hour interactive class, taught by Bicycle Ambassadors aimed at educating all drivers on the best and safest ways to share the road with people on bicycles. Developed by FC Bikes in collaboration with Bike Fort Collins the class addresses:
- Why sharing the road is the safest alternative for both motorists and bicyclists
- What’s legal and what’s not legal, for both motorists and bicyclists
- Common crashes and how to avoid them
- Why bicyclists “take the lane” and what motorists should do in response
- How to navigate bicycle related infrastructure such as: sharrows, bike boxes, and green lanes.
Upon successful completion of the course participants will receive a Bicycle Friendly Driver certificate and sticker that can be placed on a vehicle.
DATE / TIME / LOCATION
Monday, June 26, 2017
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Estes Park Senior Center, 220 Fourth St.
Register in-person at the Senior Center
or call 970-586-2996
Class is FREE and open to the public