First, an intro, then some upcoming events and asks for help below…
Thanks for taking time to read this introduction to the 2016 Estes Park Mountain Bike Team. As some of you may have heard, I am stepping up as head coach for the 2016 season. The team will be active throughout the spring and summer in various capacities, and I’m excited for the season starting in August. We have several riders returning to the team this year and at least several more that are interested in joining us. It will be a great year!
First off, I’d like to thank Marc & KT and Glenn and all of the other families, coaches, and participants that have been involved with this team over the years. We would not have a mountain bike team if it were not for the awesome hard work you put in over the years. At the NICA coaches summit this past weekend, I met several new coaches trying to start teams in their towns and felt very blessed to be as far ahead as we are today. If you see these folks, make sure to thank them for their service!
- TOMORROW: Estes Park Mountain Festival – The team will have a booth at the Mountain Festival. We will be letting people know about the team and capturing interest. We still need a little help staffing the booth. It’s easy! Pick a time slot and type your name in here if you have some availability during the day tomorrow.
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 4TH: Bike to School Day – The team will have a tent set up before and after school. We’ll be around to answer questions about the team and to capture interest. Please sign up here if you can help!
- THIS SUMMER: Skills Clinics & Fun Rides – Ride with us! The team will be hosting a series of Skills Clinics and Fun Rides over the course of the summer. All are welcome (just a simple signed League Waiver is required). Stay tuned for more info on dates.
- VOLUNTEER – Help us Tomorrow or May 4th
- SPONSORS & PARTNERS – It takes money to run this team. There are team registration fees, racer registration fees, travel fees, maintenance and safety equipment, team kits, race food, and scholarships for racers, etc. Email me if you’re interested in helping. We need funding and support!
- RIDE LEADERS & COACHES – Anyone can help here! We just need some people willing to ride with the team. We’ll have beginner riders, so you don’t have to be super speedy to keep up with some of the kids. This is a huge need for the team. Also, it’s super fun and keeps you fit! Email me if you are interested: email@example.com.
- SPONSOR / PARTNER COORDINATOR – I need someone to help reach out to interested and potential sponsors & partners to help seal the deals. This will be key to securing funding for the team this year and for the next couple years. Email me if you’re interested!
- VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR – From time to time, we will need volunteers to help at special events and at races. I’ll help make this job easy, but it would be immensely helpful to have someone to chase down filling slots and getting details out to people. Email me if you’re interested.
Who’s ready to start riding bikes?
Thanks so much for your help in 2016! Looking forward to a great year!!!
Estes Park Mountain Bike Team
Tags: high school mountainbike team